Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ECH

It is the first day of paddling in Charlotte and I have already broken my right blade in a stopper. This was the first workout after European Championships under 23 years in Poland, so I’m glad that it didn’t happen there. Talking about Euros, I finished on the 8th place. Melanie Pfeifer won with 2 good runs. It was really disappointing for me. I expected a better performance in the final. The problem in the qualification were my 3 penalties, but I had the fastest time. In the semifinal after 2 touches, I qualified in 7th position. In the final I touched one more gate… I didn’t make any big mistakes, but as Kamil wrote it perfectly in his evaluation of ECH on his website (http://www.freewebs.com/kaniscak/), “the overall performance of the whole team was not so good.“ Sure, except of my brother Mato, who finished 3rd with 2 touches in his semifinal run only 0,6 from the 1st GRE guy.

No comments: